Sunday 1 August 2010

Silverlake

Before we went on holiday I started on a new boys jacket. Did I mention that I have to stock up on boys clothes? Well, this is the second piece. It is the Silverlake jacket from the book Sewing Clothes Kids Love. Initially I wanted to make it with buttons, but only found out AFTER I'd cut out the pieces, that the pattern as it is, is made for inserting zips. So my two front pieces weren't wide enough, haha. I know, I should think these things through before starting to cut out. Will keep it in mind for future projects. (although I know that I will forget it again:-) Made from Hilco's Pueril , lined with dark blue baby cord and embellished with Outer Space ribbon.



2 comments:

Karin said...

Oh that's beautiful. I have been thinking of trying making one of these for my eldest boy, but I've not really trusted my abilities yet. Might have to give it a try soon though.

michal said...

These are gorgeous!
It's a good thing my sister has boys... I can see my trying to make one...

Related Posts with Thumbnails